HUMMERS HEATED DELIGHT
(Heated Hummingbird Feeder)
For those of you that love hummingbirds year around, you will love the Hummers Heated Delight. You will be able to feed your hummingbirds warm food throughout the winter.
- Before turning the feeder upside down, make sure the jar and base are empty. Unscrew jar from base and turn upside down to fill. Screw base back onto jar.
- After filling the feeder, flip it in a smooth quick motion to help ensure product does not leak. If any leakage occurs, it will be only from the overflow area.
- Remove the cord/bulb from black bottom by squeezing clips at bottom. (Do not submerge cord in water).
- Remove the two piece base from the jar to thoroughly clean the inside. Wash with warm soapy water.
- Your Hummingbird feeder is not dishwasher safe. Hand wash only with warm water and soap.
- DO NOT USE SCALDING HOT WATER OR PLACE IN DISHWASHER THIS WILL DEFORM THE PARTS. Water temperature should not exceed 115°F.
- Always cool (do not exceed 115°F) your food before filling the feeder.
- During the really cold winter months, we recommend only filling the larger 32 ounce units half full.
- Your feeder is designed ideally for under the eaves or under a covered patio. If not, please remove snow and ice as needed.
- To replace bulb/remove the cord, pinch the clip at the bottom of the black bowl.
- Do not remove the black bottom. Leave it on year round. Only remove the cord/bulb.
- Replacement bulbs are Incandescent C7 (7 watt). Do not use LED lights.
1 cup sugar
4 cups water
Bring water to boil the add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Cool.
Nectar will become stagnant. Don’t forget to give fresh food each week. This will help ensure your hummingbird friends will return week after week.
Troubleshooting the bulb
Our feeders are very maintenance free, however, the one thing that will eventually need attention is the light bulb which heats the unit. You can remove the cord and bulb by gently squeezing the butterfly clip on the bottom and pulling it out.
Verify that the bulb is screwed in snugly and didn't wiggle loose. This can happen in shipping or from wind.
Then plug the cord in and see if it lights up. If it doesn’t, you may need a new bulb. If it does, shake it around some by the cord and see if it cuts in and out. If it does, you may need a new cord. You may order both from our website.